How to get shiny celebrity hair – Zappas hairdressers
Have you ever wondered how your favourite celebrity manages to change her hairstyle and colour weekly and still show off hair that is glossy and full of length and volume?
We’ve decided to share some of the secrets to help you get gorgeous glossy hair like a celebrity!
When it comes to hair colour, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj change their hair colour with startling regularity. We all know that over-processing your hair can cause it to become dry and damaged, so how do they get away with it?
Well, celebrities have a team of hairdressers on hand which means they have access to the best hair care products and treatments. Many celebs also rely on custom-made wigs and hair pieces to change their looks, while hair extensions are a superb way of adding luxurious length, volume and colour with no damage to your hair.
The good news is that there are some great new in-salon treatments that can give you glossy, smooth hair. At Zappas we have a fantastic service called X-tenso which can transform unruly, curly or frizzy hair into smooth, beautifully silky & shiny hair for up to 60 days. It produces a straighter smooth ‘natural looking’ finish to achieve the Brazilian Blow Dry Straight Look.
If an in-salon treatment is not for you, what can you do to achieve healthy, shiny hair?
Top tips for shiny, healthy hair from Zappas hair salons
- After rinsing out your shampoo and conditioner, give your hair a blast of cool or cold water.
- Once a month apply a leave-in conditioner.
- Gently towel dry your hair and apply a light serum while the hair is still wet.
- Let your hair dry naturally whenever possible to promote healthy hair. However, when blow drying your hair, direct the nozzle down the hair shaft and have a final blast of ‘cool’ air.
- Apply a non-alcohol based straightening balm to dry hair. The smoother the cuticle, the shinier your hair will be.
- Use a long round brush with short bristles so your hair glides smoothly over the brush.
- If you wear your hair in a ponytail, alternate the fastening point and give it a break by wearing your hair down.
- Give your hair a break from styling irons. If you cannot live without your styling tools, invest in a quality styling iron and a good protective spray.